Almost made it to 7 weeks
So, It is Saturday and I was up at OHSU for an emeregency apt. My vision was just not what it should have been. We went up there, and well, not good news. My retina is detaching again. Not as bad as the last two times, but still detaching. It appears the scar is just giving us problems. I will be going in for surgery tomorrow at 8 am. The plan is to totally remove my scar and to once again add the slow going away gas. Dr. Flaxel happened to be up there as the on call doctor, so a blessing. She said the scar is on the surface of my retina and it just keep tightening, so we just need to remove it. that doesn't mean a new scar will grow in it's place, but hopefully when a new scar does grow, it will not grow as fast or as bad. She debating on putting oil in my eye, but decided that since it is not very bad she would rather put gas. Also she can not really see through oil, and the scar could get bad behind the oil and she would not know it. So, she would rather put in gas so she could see behind it, and it would go away so we could catch something going wrong earlier than with oil. Also, I would not get the side effects like I would have with the oil: possible clogging of my glaucoma tube and if the oi,l got to my cornia it would eventually have to have a cornia transplant. So, I will not be online for at least another couple weeks. I think last time it was around two or three weeks before I was ablet o get an update. Please Pray.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home