A well overdue update.......
OK, so it is September 21, 2008 and I have not written in over a year. A lot has happened, but I guess I have just not updated my blog.
OK, so first. Most of you know in March of 2008 I had another glaucoma surgery. I now have a new glaucoma doctor named Dr. Edmunds. Dr. Suhler referred me to her when my glaucoma got out of control. She tried medications and eye drops but they did not work. She put in a tube, which is a tube that holds open the hole in my eye to allow the extra fluid to go out. Things ahve been going really well from that surgry. I was only out for two weeks and my vision is a little bit better than it was before surgery. Dr. Edmunds really researched my eyes and what I had gon though to know what to not ahve happen and how to prevent thigns from happening.
So on August 6th I had to get a new retisert implant put in, my steriod implant. For once it was a surgery I was not nervous about having. Things did not go as planned. As they removed my old implant it broke apart in my eye. To make sur ethey got all the parts, they ahd to remove my vitreous, which is the jelly in the back of your eye. They removed it and added steriods and antibiotics into my eye so I would not get any effects from it.
My pressure was a little high after srugery , so they put me on an addiitonal eye drop which seems to be helping. I had my 6 week check up on Thursday. They said everyitng looks great. They said that thigns look better than they did in December of last year. So that is really good. I see them again in two months. I have to call my glaucoma doctor to see if they want me to come back sooner to them or not. I'll update you guys then.
OK, so first. Most of you know in March of 2008 I had another glaucoma surgery. I now have a new glaucoma doctor named Dr. Edmunds. Dr. Suhler referred me to her when my glaucoma got out of control. She tried medications and eye drops but they did not work. She put in a tube, which is a tube that holds open the hole in my eye to allow the extra fluid to go out. Things ahve been going really well from that surgry. I was only out for two weeks and my vision is a little bit better than it was before surgery. Dr. Edmunds really researched my eyes and what I had gon though to know what to not ahve happen and how to prevent thigns from happening.
So on August 6th I had to get a new retisert implant put in, my steriod implant. For once it was a surgery I was not nervous about having. Things did not go as planned. As they removed my old implant it broke apart in my eye. To make sur ethey got all the parts, they ahd to remove my vitreous, which is the jelly in the back of your eye. They removed it and added steriods and antibiotics into my eye so I would not get any effects from it.
My pressure was a little high after srugery , so they put me on an addiitonal eye drop which seems to be helping. I had my 6 week check up on Thursday. They said everyitng looks great. They said that thigns look better than they did in December of last year. So that is really good. I see them again in two months. I have to call my glaucoma doctor to see if they want me to come back sooner to them or not. I'll update you guys then.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home