Just some realizations
I realized that Last November, it was 10 yearst aht I have been fighting my battle with Multifocal Choritious. I was 15 when I first started to show signs of the disease. It wasn't until about 4 years ago that somebody finally put a name to it. I remember when it first started, a lot of people asked me if I was scared. At the time, I was not. I didn't ever thing that it would come down to this. I thought it was in one eye and it would never go into the other one. I thought, well, I can do stuff with one eye, I can still work, I can still do what I wanted to do. I didn't think it was going to hinder me at all. I think a lot of me not being scared came from the fact that the doctor I had, didn't tell me anything. He was so into himself, that he didn't have time to answer questions, and when he did, he walked out of the room answering them. I often wonder what would have happened if I wouold have had a doctor that knew what to do. Would I still have all of my vision in my right and most of it in my left.
ther ehave been a lot of time during these years where I thought I was never going to be able to have a normal life. When I had my retinal hemorage, I thought I was never going to be able to see agqain... and look at me now, I can, well, up until a little while ago. After the hemorage and I got put onto the immune suppressive thereapy drugs, I thought I would never be able to have children... and now look, I am off of them now, and John and I are looking forward to have a baby in the near future.... no I am not pregnant but would like to be. After my glaucoma surgery I thought I would once again never be able to work again... now look, I am working, and doing better at work every day. I have just overcome a lot of different things that have come my way. Maybe I can overcome the fact that they believe I will never drive again.
They say things happen for reasons, to either teach you a lesson or make you a better person. Well, this has not taught me a lesson, there was nothing I could have done in my life differently to change what has happened to me, but I think in ways it has made me a better person, a stronger person. This disease has allowed me to think differently and live in the moment, because I never know when I will never be able to see my daughter again, or be able to see my husband again. It has made me a stronger person to think that I am not perfect, and even though I struggle sometimes, which gets frustrating, I know that there are some people who would not be able to fight this disease.
I am Andrea Barnhurst and even though I am fighting Multifocal Choritious, I am still....
A mother to Christina
a wife to John
A daughter to Richard and Carol
A sister to Bret, Jason, and Daniel
A aunt to many
A cousin to many
A Best Friend to Miriam
A friend to a lot of people
A computer Aided Drafter, and loyal employee of RSS Architecture, P.C.
A regular attendor to the North Valley Friends Church
I am a fighter, and I will make it through it, with my head up.
ther ehave been a lot of time during these years where I thought I was never going to be able to have a normal life. When I had my retinal hemorage, I thought I was never going to be able to see agqain... and look at me now, I can, well, up until a little while ago. After the hemorage and I got put onto the immune suppressive thereapy drugs, I thought I would never be able to have children... and now look, I am off of them now, and John and I are looking forward to have a baby in the near future.... no I am not pregnant but would like to be. After my glaucoma surgery I thought I would once again never be able to work again... now look, I am working, and doing better at work every day. I have just overcome a lot of different things that have come my way. Maybe I can overcome the fact that they believe I will never drive again.
They say things happen for reasons, to either teach you a lesson or make you a better person. Well, this has not taught me a lesson, there was nothing I could have done in my life differently to change what has happened to me, but I think in ways it has made me a better person, a stronger person. This disease has allowed me to think differently and live in the moment, because I never know when I will never be able to see my daughter again, or be able to see my husband again. It has made me a stronger person to think that I am not perfect, and even though I struggle sometimes, which gets frustrating, I know that there are some people who would not be able to fight this disease.
I am Andrea Barnhurst and even though I am fighting Multifocal Choritious, I am still....
A mother to Christina
a wife to John
A daughter to Richard and Carol
A sister to Bret, Jason, and Daniel
A aunt to many
A cousin to many
A Best Friend to Miriam
A friend to a lot of people
A computer Aided Drafter, and loyal employee of RSS Architecture, P.C.
A regular attendor to the North Valley Friends Church
I am a fighter, and I will make it through it, with my head up.

2 Comments:
At 1:27 PM,
Christie & Creon said…
Go Andrea! We are proud of you and glad to have you in our family. You are in our prayers! Love ya, Mom & Dad Sant
At 7:30 PM,
Anonymous said…
Dear Andrea,
It has been awhile since I checked the MC postings and your blog. I was so sad to see that you are still struggling. I do understand where you are coming from, as I have been fighting MC for 20 years (2nd flare-up in 2nd eye was 16 months ago). While my condition has not progressed as far as yours, I can say that it has changed the way I see the struggles of others and my own life too. Things DO happen for a reason. Your faith gives me strength and I hope you are still posting as things get worse for me. Keep fighting!
Wendy
Post a Comment
<< Home