A very LOOOOOONNNNNG day at the eye doctor
Today was another installment of my doctors apointments at OHSU Casey Eye Institute.
Good things happened, and so did not so good things.
Well, I was supposed to be there at 2 for an apt with the Glaucoma specialist Dr. Samples. I got there about quarter to 2. My mom and I sat around until about 2:45. I was supposed to be in Retina to see my normal eye doctors at 3. So I talked to the nurse, and then went to talk to the retina secretary. Finally, I got callled back. My pressure was still high in that eye, but not as high as it has been. My pressure was 35, and Dr. Samples wants to keep it below 30. He put me on an oral medicine to bring down the pressure, and he increased my eye drops. I did not like him. He has the bedside manor of a wet mop. He was dictating a letter to my eye doctors saying how he "advised me" to do this and "advised me" to do that. His advising was talking to his recorder.
So, after pictures and all the test they needed to do, I finally got to go to my normal doctors, at about 4:30-4:45. My have just recently got new computer systems in there, so it took longer to get all my information that they needed into the computers.
OK, now that good news and the bad news.
number 1: The blod is almost gone :-) but of course, bad news goes along with this, my vision was less again this time. They are thinking it's just the position of blood and that the scar is healing in different ways and just effects my vision.
number 2: They have dropped my oral steriods again. I am now on 5mg a day. The plan is, this week to go to 5mg a day, next week 2.5mg a week, the week after that 2.5mg every toher day, and then off of them. That makes me happy. After I get off the steriods, I will then get off of the Celcept. The Celcept is the one that causes birth defects in unborn babies, so once I get off of that, and have my cataract surgery, John and I will be able to have children like we want.
number 3: If this oral medicine works, I would not have to be on it for long, and I would not have to have glaucoma surgery.
Well, I have two apts. next week, one on Tuesday and one on Thursday, i will probalby write after my Thursday visit since Tuesday is just a visual field.
Good things happened, and so did not so good things.
Well, I was supposed to be there at 2 for an apt with the Glaucoma specialist Dr. Samples. I got there about quarter to 2. My mom and I sat around until about 2:45. I was supposed to be in Retina to see my normal eye doctors at 3. So I talked to the nurse, and then went to talk to the retina secretary. Finally, I got callled back. My pressure was still high in that eye, but not as high as it has been. My pressure was 35, and Dr. Samples wants to keep it below 30. He put me on an oral medicine to bring down the pressure, and he increased my eye drops. I did not like him. He has the bedside manor of a wet mop. He was dictating a letter to my eye doctors saying how he "advised me" to do this and "advised me" to do that. His advising was talking to his recorder.
So, after pictures and all the test they needed to do, I finally got to go to my normal doctors, at about 4:30-4:45. My have just recently got new computer systems in there, so it took longer to get all my information that they needed into the computers.
OK, now that good news and the bad news.
number 1: The blod is almost gone :-) but of course, bad news goes along with this, my vision was less again this time. They are thinking it's just the position of blood and that the scar is healing in different ways and just effects my vision.
number 2: They have dropped my oral steriods again. I am now on 5mg a day. The plan is, this week to go to 5mg a day, next week 2.5mg a week, the week after that 2.5mg every toher day, and then off of them. That makes me happy. After I get off the steriods, I will then get off of the Celcept. The Celcept is the one that causes birth defects in unborn babies, so once I get off of that, and have my cataract surgery, John and I will be able to have children like we want.
number 3: If this oral medicine works, I would not have to be on it for long, and I would not have to have glaucoma surgery.
Well, I have two apts. next week, one on Tuesday and one on Thursday, i will probalby write after my Thursday visit since Tuesday is just a visual field.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home