Follow up to Surgery
I had another follow up to my surgery today. Janice drove me up there. this was the first time that the has gotten to experience what I go through with my eyes, and she could ask questions if she wanted to. My vision is better than it was the last time, even though the eye chart isn't reflecting it much. My vision is still 20/70, but it is getting better. I am legal to drive, which makes me happy. I though my vision was better because I am seeing more than I was, but Dr. Flaxel says that what a person sees is sometimes different than what the eye chart reflects.
The implant looks like it is doing good. It is in a good spot, and everything looks good with the surgery itself. My eye is still very very red, she said it will go away pretty soon. They are now starting to drop my prednisone a lot, which makes me happy. I am going to go down by 5mg a week, until I am down to 10mg, which will be week after next, then I will go down by 2.5mg until I am off. AFter I am off of the prednisone, then next step is going to be betting off of the Celcept.
Some news that is really incouraging, is that the spot that I see in my vision, which is why my vision is so low, she believest hat it is just due to the blood clot that is there, she does not think that it is due to the leason that was there. This is good news because as the blood goes away, my vision should get better and eventually be totally clear in that area. I should not have any effects from the leaosn. I would have a decreased spot, or blind spot where it was if I did, and I do not. So my vision should keep on getting better as time goes on.
The implant looks like it is doing good. It is in a good spot, and everything looks good with the surgery itself. My eye is still very very red, she said it will go away pretty soon. They are now starting to drop my prednisone a lot, which makes me happy. I am going to go down by 5mg a week, until I am down to 10mg, which will be week after next, then I will go down by 2.5mg until I am off. AFter I am off of the prednisone, then next step is going to be betting off of the Celcept.
Some news that is really incouraging, is that the spot that I see in my vision, which is why my vision is so low, she believest hat it is just due to the blood clot that is there, she does not think that it is due to the leason that was there. This is good news because as the blood goes away, my vision should get better and eventually be totally clear in that area. I should not have any effects from the leaosn. I would have a decreased spot, or blind spot where it was if I did, and I do not. So my vision should keep on getting better as time goes on.

2 Comments:
At 8:47 PM,
Anonymous said…
that is so great Annie! I keep praying this is finally the fix that will keep your eyes all happy :)
~Rach
At 7:22 AM,
Anonymous said…
I am amazed at just what doctors can do now. I am thrilled that all is going well and I hope that it continues to do so! :) Val
Post a Comment
<< Home