Two weeks after Sugery
It has been two weeks after surgery, and I have had another doctors apt. My vision is getting better, slowly. It is now 20/60. I saw Dr. Suhler and Dr. Flaxel today. They both said my eye is doing good. They dropped my steriods again, to 10 mg a day, and are keeping my other medication the same. They are starting to decrease my steriod eye drops since my eye is less red, but still red. I am now having pressure problems, which they thought I would. My pressure was 45, which is really high. They put me on the pressure drops again to try to get my pressure to go back down.
I found out that my doctor is going to wait until a cataract forms, but doens't impare my vision too bad to do surgery on it. This is kind of disappointing to me because John and I were hoping that in six months we would be ableto try to have a child. It is now looking like we will have to wait almost a year or a little bit more to be able to try to have a baby.
I found out something new about the immplant that I didn't know. I asked my doctor how it worked. he said basically it is a steriod "pellet" covered in a special plastic. The plastic only allows so much fluid to go into where the "pellet" is. The fluid dissolved the "pellet" slowly. Kind of intersting.
Well, that's about it. My next update will be in two weeks and hopefully my vision keeps improving.
I found out that my doctor is going to wait until a cataract forms, but doens't impare my vision too bad to do surgery on it. This is kind of disappointing to me because John and I were hoping that in six months we would be ableto try to have a child. It is now looking like we will have to wait almost a year or a little bit more to be able to try to have a baby.
I found out something new about the immplant that I didn't know. I asked my doctor how it worked. he said basically it is a steriod "pellet" covered in a special plastic. The plastic only allows so much fluid to go into where the "pellet" is. The fluid dissolved the "pellet" slowly. Kind of intersting.
Well, that's about it. My next update will be in two weeks and hopefully my vision keeps improving.

1 Comments:
At 3:17 PM,
Anonymous said…
Andrea,
This is great. Really helpful info.
Post a Comment
<< Home