1 week post op
So, this is actually andrea writing this, so I am sorry about any spelling mistakes. It is way easier to write down what I have been going through myself instead of having somebody else write it.
OK, so surgery day: Sunday April 11....
Surgery was on Sunday. We were there from about 7 to 12:30. It went pretty quick. Well, since we were the only surgery patient there. Was put under a general for surgery, they were debating on a local, but I thought it would be easier for me to be put under a general. I felt great after surgery. This does not usually happen to me, but I was starving by the time I got home and I was not even tired. So, surgery went a little different than planned. She went in and took of some of the scar tissue from my retina and decided to try to prevent any additional surgeries on it, she was going to add a buckle. A buckle is a silicone band that goes on the outside of my eye and attaches to my retina. She is hoping that even if the scar does grow, the buckle will keep it tight against my eye. With the buckle being where it needed to be, she was required to take out my glaucoma tube. She did not want to do this, but had no other choice. In my eyes, it might have been a good thing because the cornia doctor was concerned about how close my tube was to my cornia without my lens. So, now I am once again being heavily monitored for glaucoma and will more than likely have to go in for another glaucoma surgery to put my tube back in. hopefully this will be a way in the future.... I am tired of surgery.
Right now my eye looks pretty bad. For the first two days it was so swollen I could barely open it to see. The selling is a lot gone now, but it looks like I was punched in my eye. My eye is not just red, but purple. They said this was pretty common for a buckle surgery. John is making me wear sun glasses whenever we are out of the house so it looks better. My eye does not hurt at all, which is a good thing. They put me on a higher dose of steriods again, so I am right now on 30 mg a day. Of course with that, I get the lovely side effects. I am once again having a hard time sleeping, and have once again developed steriodal acne on my chest. Not fun. I am seeing through a bubble again, so me on the computer is pretty limited and only with help from Chrissy or John .
So, so far my pressure is still in the good range, but we will find out on Thursday if i will need to go back on drops to control it. I will be having weekly apts till we get this straightened out. I will hopefully update again after that apt. Thank you for everybody's prayers.
OK, so surgery day: Sunday April 11....
Surgery was on Sunday. We were there from about 7 to 12:30. It went pretty quick. Well, since we were the only surgery patient there. Was put under a general for surgery, they were debating on a local, but I thought it would be easier for me to be put under a general. I felt great after surgery. This does not usually happen to me, but I was starving by the time I got home and I was not even tired. So, surgery went a little different than planned. She went in and took of some of the scar tissue from my retina and decided to try to prevent any additional surgeries on it, she was going to add a buckle. A buckle is a silicone band that goes on the outside of my eye and attaches to my retina. She is hoping that even if the scar does grow, the buckle will keep it tight against my eye. With the buckle being where it needed to be, she was required to take out my glaucoma tube. She did not want to do this, but had no other choice. In my eyes, it might have been a good thing because the cornia doctor was concerned about how close my tube was to my cornia without my lens. So, now I am once again being heavily monitored for glaucoma and will more than likely have to go in for another glaucoma surgery to put my tube back in. hopefully this will be a way in the future.... I am tired of surgery.
Right now my eye looks pretty bad. For the first two days it was so swollen I could barely open it to see. The selling is a lot gone now, but it looks like I was punched in my eye. My eye is not just red, but purple. They said this was pretty common for a buckle surgery. John is making me wear sun glasses whenever we are out of the house so it looks better. My eye does not hurt at all, which is a good thing. They put me on a higher dose of steriods again, so I am right now on 30 mg a day. Of course with that, I get the lovely side effects. I am once again having a hard time sleeping, and have once again developed steriodal acne on my chest. Not fun. I am seeing through a bubble again, so me on the computer is pretty limited and only with help from Chrissy or John .
So, so far my pressure is still in the good range, but we will find out on Thursday if i will need to go back on drops to control it. I will be having weekly apts till we get this straightened out. I will hopefully update again after that apt. Thank you for everybody's prayers.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home