Updates on My eyes

This is my own little place to let people know about what I am going through dealing with the auto immune disease Multifocal Chorioditis and just keep people updated on my progress

Sunday, July 03, 2011

Looking back at Old Blogs

Earlier I was reading some old blogs from when I had my 1st glaucoma surgery. I read my posts and remembered what I went through. At that time, I thougth what I was going through was the worst I had been through. I do wonder now if what I am going through now is worse. It is hard to say, that was a very emotional time, and I went through a lot, and there were doctors apts where I thought my battle was over. Very similar to what I deal with now, but it appears I am getting by better with everything I am goign through this time better than that time. Is it because my vision is already really bad, and it didn't drop as much as it did then.... or is it because I have battled stuff already, and this is just another step.... I do not know. What I am going through now is very different, before it was low pressure and avastin injections... this time it is multiple surgeries and the unknown... what one is worse? Back then, my biggest problem was not being able to drive. My worries have changed alot. My biggest worry is now going totally blind and not being able to regain my independence. People are surprised that I do as much as I do, and I don't think back then I could do what I do... I struggle every day. I have to have help to do some of the simplest things. But I guess I have come tot he conclusion that my vision will always be bad, and I just need to live my life every day, and just get through it. I get frustrated, I get upset, but my vision now is better than being blind. At least right now I can still do the things I enjoy... working on the computer, knitting, and taking walks with Chrissy. I know I should probably prepare for the end of my vision, but it is hard to do that. I am not ready. Sometimes I feel like i can not get through anymore, but I am not ready to go blind. I have done some research, and decided if we can not get things better, I will need to meet with the low vision specialist and see what avenues he can give me to help me and get me training.... Braille is my first step I think....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home