Updates on My eyes

This is my own little place to let people know about what I am going through dealing with the auto immune disease Multifocal Chorioditis and just keep people updated on my progress

Thursday, June 02, 2011

I made it.... 7 1/2 weeks

So, today marks 7 1/2 weeks since my last surgery. This sunday will mark 8 weeks. Saw the doctors today and had good news.

Pressure is remaining at 10, which is a little lower than I like, but they do not seem to be worried.

Vision is getting a little bit better. I was able to walk around the clinic without help, and I am now able to drop my magnifier down to 4 instead of before my last surgery it was at 7.

I am now off of the oral prednisone :-) Very happy about that. They dropped my steriod eye drops to 3 times a day instead of 4.

"problem child 1" looks great. It is behaving and staying put

"problem child 2" is also behaving. Got an OCT (a type of picture that scans the thickness of your retina and will show thickening or detachment). I have been getting these since this problem came around, and it looks the same as two weeks ago. Doctor is very happy. All of the pulling on my retina is gone, and that is even with my bubble not pushing up on it anymore.

My bubble is almost gone. I do not even see it in my vision anymore, only when I look down. It is about the size of a pea now, and it will more than likely be gone in a week or so.

My next apt is in two weeks, and we will then also make an apt with the low vision specialist. Doctor really wants me to get in with him, but I told her lets wait another two weeks. If things are stable then, we will change my apts to every three weeks.

Thanks for all your prayers, keep praying... I'm not out of the woods yet, just closer to the edge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home