6 Months... YaY
I said in the previous post, I was not going to post until something bad happened, but I thought since I found out some information, I would post after my appointment yesterday.
First thing, Appointment review:
Vision: Same as it has been
Pressure: 12 in right, 18 in left (I am glad it is back to what it was before, I think there was something wrong with my pressure last time)
Retina: Attached
Things are still stable. Everything looks good, no changes.
Changes to medications: No changes, staying on eye drops twice a day and that is it.
So, now the information I found out.
1. I am staying with 1 month appointments since I am stable.
2. Got an appointment with Low vision specialist next month with the hope to ge3t glasses that will allow me to get around by myself again.
3. I asked Dr. Flaxel what the probability of me detaching again was.... She said "for a normal person, I would say never, but for you I would say 25 percent". I then mentioned to her that Tuesday marked 6 months since my last surgery. She looked at me and in shock said "really?" When I confirmed the date of April 10th as my last surgery, she then said "I truly didn't expect you to go this long. And since you have gone this long, it makes the odds way better"
So we are now passing 6 months past my last surgery. At the end of next month, we will be passing a year since this journey has begun. Around the same time as the year anniversary, I will also be coming up to the 16 year anniversary of the first time I showed signs of having Multifocal Chorioditis. What a year this has been, and hopefully the next year will be better than the past year.
First thing, Appointment review:
Vision: Same as it has been
Pressure: 12 in right, 18 in left (I am glad it is back to what it was before, I think there was something wrong with my pressure last time)
Retina: Attached
Things are still stable. Everything looks good, no changes.
Changes to medications: No changes, staying on eye drops twice a day and that is it.
So, now the information I found out.
1. I am staying with 1 month appointments since I am stable.
2. Got an appointment with Low vision specialist next month with the hope to ge3t glasses that will allow me to get around by myself again.
3. I asked Dr. Flaxel what the probability of me detaching again was.... She said "for a normal person, I would say never, but for you I would say 25 percent". I then mentioned to her that Tuesday marked 6 months since my last surgery. She looked at me and in shock said "really?" When I confirmed the date of April 10th as my last surgery, she then said "I truly didn't expect you to go this long. And since you have gone this long, it makes the odds way better"
So we are now passing 6 months past my last surgery. At the end of next month, we will be passing a year since this journey has begun. Around the same time as the year anniversary, I will also be coming up to the 16 year anniversary of the first time I showed signs of having Multifocal Chorioditis. What a year this has been, and hopefully the next year will be better than the past year.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home