June 30th, July 5th and 6th apts.
June 30th - I had a doctors apt with Dr. Flaxel and Dr. Suhler. My vision dropped again this time to 20/400. I had to have another avastin injection. She says that sometimes it takes a couple injections to get your eyes to react to the treatment. The scar had swelled again, not has bad as the first time, but higher than it was the time before. My pressure was very low and she is saying that it could have been that which brought down my vision. My pressure in my left eye was very high at 55. I had to have three holes punched into my iris with a lazer to releave the pressure. Recovered from those two procedures fine.
July 5th - John, my husband, rushed me up to OHSU at 8:30 because I was having severe eye pain in my left eye. My pressure was up higher than 55. The doctor was going to give me a medication to bring down the pressure but we were reluctant on taking it because of the right eye. We were up there for 3 hours until about 1:30 am, what a long day.
July 6th - I saw my Glaucoma doctor, Dr. Samples, and my pressure was still way up. He proceeded in putting three b ig holes into my eye, probably about 5 Xs as big as the other ones. Dr. Samples saw an instant difference. My pressure went from 55 to 16 after putting in the holes. They are saying I will have to have the cataract removed at the minimu. they are hoping the cataract is just covering the natural drain hole, but they are not sure. I may haver to have more lazer treatments or have glaucoma surgery to repair it.
Lazer treatments. They are not fun. It is like sticking your tonge on a batery, but just in your eye. Some were painful and some were not.
I am now pain free again in my left eye. Lets see how long this lasts. I see Dr. Samples again on Friday the 14th.
July 5th - John, my husband, rushed me up to OHSU at 8:30 because I was having severe eye pain in my left eye. My pressure was up higher than 55. The doctor was going to give me a medication to bring down the pressure but we were reluctant on taking it because of the right eye. We were up there for 3 hours until about 1:30 am, what a long day.
July 6th - I saw my Glaucoma doctor, Dr. Samples, and my pressure was still way up. He proceeded in putting three b ig holes into my eye, probably about 5 Xs as big as the other ones. Dr. Samples saw an instant difference. My pressure went from 55 to 16 after putting in the holes. They are saying I will have to have the cataract removed at the minimu. they are hoping the cataract is just covering the natural drain hole, but they are not sure. I may haver to have more lazer treatments or have glaucoma surgery to repair it.
Lazer treatments. They are not fun. It is like sticking your tonge on a batery, but just in your eye. Some were painful and some were not.
I am now pain free again in my left eye. Lets see how long this lasts. I see Dr. Samples again on Friday the 14th.

2 Comments:
At 2:02 PM,
Anonymous said…
gOOD BLESS YOU YOU POOR CHILD. I HATE THIS MFC THAT WE MUST ALL INDURE. STAY POSITIVE.
NESSA
At 7:10 PM,
Anonymous said…
Chin up Andrea! We're all in this together.
Wendy
Post a Comment
<< Home