Updates on My eyes

This is my own little place to let people know about what I am going through dealing with the auto immune disease Multifocal Chorioditis and just keep people updated on my progress

Friday, August 11, 2006

Things are getting better

Ok, so it's been a while since I wrote in this, so I thought it was probably time.

I have had four apts since the last time I wrote.

I have had two with Dr. Samples, the glaucoma doctor. He is now no longer worried about my right eye, just worried about my left. About every two weeks, I have to go in and get lazer surgery done. I have to get the three holes that he put in, reopened. It is not plessant, but not too bad, a lot better than eye pain. He is saying that I need to have cataract surgery done on that eye, but he does not want to do it. He is trying to get my retina doctor to do it. I think I scared him so bad, and he feels responsible for what happened to my right eye.

So, now about the right. This are getting better. My vision in the central vision, is not getting any better, but the bubble is. The last time AI went in, she did pictures and stuff, and the vessel is now barely leaking. She said if it was not leaking that I would not have to have an injection, but because it was, I had to have what might be my last injection of avastin. Below is the chart of what happened with the bubble.

Normal retina width: below 250
Before injection: 800 - Got an injection
Two weeks after first injection: 620
One month after first injection: 650 - Got another injection.
One month after second injection: 400 and barly leaking - Got another injection

I will update this after my next doctyors apt. I may not have to get another injection. That is the goal. :-)

My vision in the periferal is back to 20/200. I was debating on going on disability because work was just getting really hard when my vision was 20/400. I have decided to stay and my boss is getting me things to make my job easier. So, so far I am doing better with my tools that he has given me.

My next doctors apt is on the 22nd of this month. So I will update it after that.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Andrea! Even a little good news is good news. I would be interested in hearing more about the visual aids that your nice employer provided. I'm thinking others would too, so if you feel up to it, please post something on the MC support group website.
    Stay positive!
    Wendy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home