Updates on My eyes

This is my own little place to let people know about what I am going through dealing with the auto immune disease Multifocal Chorioditis and just keep people updated on my progress

Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Update from teh Low Vision Specialist

An update from the Low Vision Specialist....

1.  He gave me the number tot he reps for my Enhanced Vision Equipment (my special magnifiers).  He is hoping they can help get my Merlin and maybe my Amigo fixed.   Called them up and they are seeing what they can do... unfortunately we think they are going to have to get sent to California to get fixed... which will cost a lot of money, so if they can not fix them... it looks like they are very expensive paper weights :-(

2.  Talked about Reading Glasses.  We tried out some glasses that would work, but he felt that having 3 pairs of glasses would be bothersome and the other glasses would have the same frame problems that my old reading glasses do (the arms break very easily).. so we tried some other things and came to discover if I hold a magnifying glass in front of my distance glasses I have now I can read 5 pt font (WOW)  The Magnifying glass I tried there was one I have had in the past... but have to pay to get a new one (135... not too bad)... but I have one that is a little lower in power that I am going to try here at home.. even being able to read a bit more will help.

3.  After both him and John getting annoyed at me, I decided to go ahead with something I have not wanted to do.. but am coming to discover it will be the best thing.  For people who know me, know that I have tried to stay as independent as I have been able to, but since my latest stuff my independence has gone away... so, he is contacting the Commission for the Blind and getting me set up to go through OT to relearn how to do things.. from what he understands it is like a 3-4 month process and they will come to my house a couple times a week for a couple hours and teach me how to do things and will train me on a cane.... Not what I want.. but I will try.  I am looking forward to learning how to do things that I always have to have Chrissy or John help me with.. and the hope is that I will be able to go to the store by myself and not feel scared or worried.

So, there is the update... some progress in trying to get me back to what I was.

See the normal doctors in a couple months again... if no change... there will probably be no update.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home