Updates on My eyes

This is my own little place to let people know about what I am going through dealing with the auto immune disease Multifocal Chorioditis and just keep people updated on my progress

Friday, January 11, 2013

Last 4 Mobility Rehabilitationist meetings

So, since my last post I  have had 4 different meeting with the Mobility Specialist... here is the details

Apt. 1
Got my new mobility cane.










Learned how to use it.  Here are my thoughts:  During the day it is bothersom.  It is OK at night and when it is dark.  It is noisy.  I have had more people comment or change the way they do things because they see me with it.  I am learning to carry it around wherever I go.

Apt. 2
Went to the library and learned how to use my cane on stairs.  He had me walk up and down them with my eyes closed... felt  very weird.

Apt. 3
We did some at home rehabilitation.  Taught me the tricks in sweeping the floor or vacuming.  I am used to being taught to put all the dust in the middle, but he is saying push it all to the sides, nd then pick it up... just going to take time getting used it.

Apt. 4
This appointemnt was supposed to be taking me to a street corner and using tools to cross the street by myself.... but some new gadgets came in, so we delt with those instead.

                  








My new talking watch.  This is pretty cool.  I find I use it a lot... but it is really loud.










My new Pen Friend.  The pend creats an audio recording for every label.  Recordings can be re=recordrded.  I thought I would just use it for spices and stuff, but I have also put a label on my phone for my "to to list" and have also made a "calendar" with my doctors or blind Commission meetins names where I can just re=record the label for every meeting.  I am also collecting bread tabes to use those on food products for how much of each thing I need in them... so, using it more than I thought.

Upcoming Apts.
Next week we will be going to a corner to see about crossing the street.  The following week I will be meeting with my mobility rehabilitation specialist and my councelour to go over equipment and what my next step would be to go to school and/or getting a job.  Should be a busy day but a day of progress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home